Anti-Bribery & Corruption
The Claro Group is well-positioned to assist companies and their counsel on a range of Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)-related proactive and/or reactive initiatives – the vast majority of which address risks associated with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). We have conducted numerous projects addressing ABC risks facing our clients and those associated with third party intermediaries (TPIs) with insights gained from our collective work experience as well as the many DOJ prosecutions and SEC enforcement actions that resulted from, or included, inappropriate conduct by TPIs. We interact with TPIs with discretion, mindful of our clients’ ongoing relationships.
Our team operates in offices nationwide and through our extensive network of academic and international affiliates with native language skill sets and forensic accounting backgrounds. Where possible, we work closely with our clients to leverage internal resources and economize on cost.
Our areas of focus include:
- Analyzing accounting data while leveraging data analytic tools to the extent practical.
- Performing risk-based judgmental sampling and transaction testing.
- Reviewing underlying records and supporting documentation related to specific accounting transactions.
- Identifying opportunities for ABC-related control enhancement.
- Evaluating third-party’s compliance policies, procedures and training.
- Supporting counsel in conducting interviews where appropriate.