Breakdowns in management oversight and internal controls, and failures in enterprise-wide risk management programs have become the strategic focal point of many litigation and regulatory actions. In such circumstances, management is under scrutiny to explain and defend their approaches and solutions to complying with internal controls practices, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
Claro’s academic and industry experts have decades of experience working with lawyers and their clients, on compliance issues relevant to banking litigation. Many of our professionals have prior experience in banking management, banking regulations and operations. Our professionals have consulted or testified on a broad range of compliance issues, including:
- Credit and operational risk
- Risk quantification and evaluation
- Risk mitigation and monitoring frameworks, including policies, procedures and controls
- Valuation of risks using derivative financial instruments
- Lending practices, including fair lending and HDMA compliance programs
- Banking mergers and acquisitions, including impact on regulatory capital requirements